I am obsessed on making different kind of breads. Garlic herb bread twists is my favorite. May be because this garlic herb bread twists have GARLIC and OLIVE oil, one of the greatest combination occurred in this world! Or maybe because the method is full of fun..
Rolling- sprinkling- folding- cutting- twisting- baking
Dough, herbs,cheese, oil, garlic
Other than parsley, mix all herbs into cheese. We will keep safe parsley for garnishing on top
Chilly flakes also goes into cheese
Sprinkle herb cheese mix on to the rolled dough
fold dough to intact the flavour and making it layers
Original recipe had cut it in length wise, but I prefer it to be width wise which gives more softer bread.
Twist it !
Put it carefully on baking pan
Brush it with garlicky oil and sprinkle cheese with parsley
Garlic herb bread twists Recipe
Adapted from shutterbean
Yield about 18 twists
- 2 lb Pizza dough (yield from 3 ½ cup of flour)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (optional)
- 1 cup of cheese (Parmesan and little mozzarella)
- 4 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1 small head of Garlic
- Few finely chopped parsley
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven at 190 degree Celsius
- Stir together oregano, basil, chili flakes, thyme and cheese
- Divide the Pizza dough in half. Keep the half dough covered.
- Roll the other half into big rectangle say 15- by 10- inches. Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese mix on to it.
- Fold rectangle dough from top to cover 2/3 of it. Then fold other end of rectangle from bottom to top. You will get three layers with herbs locked inside. Cut it, say about 9 strips, each roughly 1 inch. Then twist the strips. Shift carefully twists into prepared baking pan, leave some space between the twists.
- Repeat the process for second half of dough
- Bake bread twist for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile stir parsley and remaining ½ cup of cheese mix
- In pan warm olive oil with garlic, as soon as garlic begins to sizzle take it out from heat. Add salt to it
- As soon as garlic herb twist breads are out of the oven brush it with garlic olive oil and parsley cheese mixture. Serve warm!