Morning hot, Evening rains, never the less i just wanted to have some hot, very spicy chicken. Jamaican jerk Chicken is the answer for all my carving of hot spicy chicken. This Jamaican jerk chicken is best when it is grilled.
We want best Jamaican Jerk chicken, why not coat the rub and leave it for overnight…
Jamaican Jerk Rub Chicken Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 green onion, roughly chopped
- ½ small red onions
- 1 bell pepper( preferred Scotch Bonnet, I used very hot chilies), stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dark rum
- 1 teaspoon of dry thyme
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Some fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon All spice
- Pour lime juice over the chicken pieces and coat well
- Combine all rub ingredients in a blender until they form a paste
- Work 1 tablespoon of rub paste into each thigh. Refrigerate at least for 1 hr( up to over night).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roast chicken, skin side down, in an oiled roasting pan, 20 to 25 minutes; flip and roast 10 more minutes.
- Serve with apple cherry salad and some toast