I was not having any plan to make this perfect coffee cake until I saw these wonderful plums in supermarket. It was a spontaneous decision. This cake don’t have any spices, still it is perfect for a coffee break
Get ready with ingredients
Sift cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Then whisk it with desiccated coconut.
Beat yogurt and sugar till smooth. Then mix along with milk and oil.
Wash, pit and cut the plums.
There goes dry and wet together..
Prefer to have the goodness of molasses for these simple coffee cake
Last but not the least goes plums and dry-fruits
In loaf pan…
Baker : Why are you so crumbled?
Eggless Plum Coconut coffee cake: Excuse me, ” I am awesome, not like how it is shown in this picture!”
Spontaneous decisions are good! This cake don’t get perfectly cut on same day. You will get a neat slice next morning !
Enjoy with a cup of coffee!
- 1¾ cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup thick yogurt
- 1 cup sugar, powdered
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 2 fresh Plums, halved, pitted
- ¼ cup nuts ( walnuts and cashew nuts)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line and grease one 9 inch x 4 ½ inch bread pan with parchment paper.
- Sift Cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Now add Desiccated coconut to flour mixture. Whisk it and keep it aside
- Beat yogurt and sugar till smooth. Add milk. Add oil. Mix well.
- Wash and pit the plums. Cut each half into 6 wedges. Now cut each wedges to half.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients till well incorporated. Then add Molasses. Do not over mix.
- Fold in sliced cut plum pieces and nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Level with a spoon
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 60 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan after 10 minutes. Cool in the rack.
- Slice it on next day.( I did it on same day, cake pieces are not perfect)
Tips: If you don’t have Molasses, add brown sugar instead of normal white sugar.