One of my friend got sweet potato roasted in brown butter. It was divine experience to taste few spoon of that. I was really tempted to try sweet potato with brown butter in any form.
Made these buns, outcome captured by my mobile camera.
Understand your yeast , Yeast want lukewarm(not very hot) sweet liquid to froth.
Put yeast in warm milk with sugar.
Yeast after few minutes
Mix flour and salt
Make well in middle of the flour to add wet ingredients
Mash the sweet potato
Add mashed sweet potato and brown butter too!
After Proofing for 45 minutes, Bake it !
Sweet Potato Bun
For 11 small bun
Adapted from Iamafoodblog
- 3 ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 to 1½ cup of Warm milk
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 sweet potato (cooked and mashed )
- 2 + 1 tablespoon of brown butter
- Mix flour and salt and now make a well in middle, keep it aside
- In a small saucepan heat milk and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool from hot to just warm. Now take 1 cup of milk in cup then add yeast to the liquid. Leave it to activate and froth
- Pour yeast liquid into the well of flour, then add Sweet potato and add 2 tablespoon of brown butter.
- Knead it till the dough is soft. Add more milk if require
- Keep the dough in a greased bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Once you take out the dough from refrigerator, Punch the dough lightly . Cover and let rest for 10 minutes in room temperature
- Divide the dough into 11-12 equal pieces, shape into balls
- Place the balls leaving some space between each balls on baking sheet. Cover it and leave it for 30 minutes to 45 minutes. This process is called proofing
- Brush lightly with butter or egg wash( I used only butter)
- Bake it is preheated oven at 190 degree C for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and immediately brush its with butter