You will yield Perfect soft chicken in fantastic sauce !
Chicken Roasted in Milk !
Season generously with kosher salt and coarse black pepper, Make sure you season the cavity too.
Make it brown in pot before roasting
Add the lemon zest, cinnamon stick, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and milk
Roast for 1.5 hours
Milk and lemon zest will create a fantastic sauce
Chicken Roasted in Milk
Adapted from Jamie Oliver Recipe
- 700 grams whole roasting chicken
- Kosher salt
- Coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves garlic, skin left
- 2 bay leaves( optional), Sage is better
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Rinse your chicken well and pat it dry with towels. Season generously with kosher salt and coarse black pepper.
- Take a snug-fitting pot/pan, heat it and put olive oil then put chicken and make chicken brown on all sides.
- Now remove the chicken to a plate and pour out the left out oil to a small bowl. Return the chicken to the pot and add the lemon zest, cinnamon stick, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and milk.
- Put the lid on and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove the lid, roast uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Shred the meat off the bones. Serve with sauce created and vegetables