I was all set to bake this wonderful recipe, the combination of orange and chocolate, a super awesome combination. I did all my homework before an hour itself; took out the eggs, butter and cheese cream from fridge. As this soft dense cake needs egg and butter to be in room temperature!
After an hour, unexpected incident occur…. In kitchen, I was getting updates from my friends, was seeing my kid’s creativity, getting worldly news from huby … all at the same time! Not a bad thing to do it …not at all. One friend updated me about her son who had grown taller than his father. I was very eager to see his snap. My sweet friend even though boy was reluctant to pose, posted one of his pictures. I was so surprised. NO…., I was shocked…oshhhh…..one egg fell from my hand, a very big brown egg. I need another egg that too at the room temperature!
Now I realise that kids grow very fast just like the way this cake vanishes. It is a fact! There is no surprise in it!!!
Flavoured sugar gives good flavour to your goodies
Why not mix sugar with fresh orange juice and zest?
Keep it aside. Don’t lick this sugar
Butter, cheese cream ready to go
It is perfect. Now we can add egg
And we mixed it with dry ingredients
Batter is waiting for chocolate chips
Orange Pound Cake
For A Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons for orange juice
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces (I have used ½ cup which was not enough)
- Preheat Oven to 325 degree F or 160 degree C
- Mix Sugar with orange juice and orange zest, Keep aside these orange flavoured sugar
- Whisk together dry ingredients flour, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed of a mixer for 1 minute
- Add orange flavoured sugar beat until it is smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Now add one egg at a time, beating for 1 minute each time.
- Fold in dry ingredients half at a time, mix until they are completely incorporated.
- Finally fold in with chocolate chips
- Transfer the batter into prepared loaf. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until the skewer comes out clean
- Rotate the pan once, say after 40 minutes
- If cake is getting brown on top and still it is uncooked inside. Cover the top with foil to avoid over browning
- I used ½ cup of chocolate chips, recommend to use 1 cup