We may get Seasonal Oranges only for few more days… why to leave the opportunity?
Orange coconut chocolate zebra cake !
Getting ready with ingredients!
I love to mix Orange juice with sugar to get more flavor in my cakes and breads.
Remember what we have done for Orange Pound Cake?
Keep it aside
Mix all Flour, Semolina, Coconut shredded, Baking Powder.
Mix eggs, vegetable oil, flavored sugar, vanilla extract beat it until it become light and pale
Fold in dry ingredients
Divide into two portion, one will be chocolate flavor and other will be just orange!
Remove it from pan!
Orange Coconut Chocolate Zebra Cake
Adapted slightly from Mayaskitchen
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat semolina
- ½ cup coconut (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar + 2 tablespoon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon of warm water
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C)
- Prepare pan with butter /oil or cover with parchment paper.
- Mix ½ cup of sugar and orange juice
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, wheat semolina, coconut, baking powder)
- In a mixer bowl beat egg, flavored sugar,Oil, vanilla extract until it becomes pale.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients and mix well until combined
- Divide the batter into two bowls
- Mix warm water with cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar . Make it a smooth paste
- Mix cocoa powder mix into one bowl of batter
- Now pour some white batter into the center of prepared pan, then brown batter and so on
- Place in the pre-heated oven for about 25- 35 minutes or a toothpick/skewer comes out clean
- Wait for 10-15 minutes to remove it from pan.