Millets are not just bird food; good for human too!
Millets benefits are countless..
It is great energy source, high in fiber, high in minerals, rich in vitamin B, high antioxidant, power house of protein, it helps to lower cholesterol. It is easily available and good in taste. We have all the reason to include this in our diet. This salad is easy and can be a complete meal.
Cooked foxtail and little millet
with steamed beans, corn and carrot
and some feta cheese too!
Millets, Beans Carrot and Corn salad
- 1 cup cooked foxtail and little millet
- 2 medium size carrots steamed, chopped
- 7, 8 beans steamed, chopped
- ½ cup of steamed fresh corn( or frozen)
- some Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon seasoning powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook millet : Soak 1/2 cup of well-rinsed mixed millet (foxtail and little millet) in 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan for 20 mins. After 20 minutes, add a pinch of salt and bring it to a boil, cover, decrease the heat, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the millet is tender. Keep it aside and let it come to room temperature
- Steam beans, fresh corn and carrot for 3- 4 minutes until it is cooked. It should be crunchy, but cooked.
- Chop all steamed beans and carrot
- In a pan gently heat the olive oil and stir in the garlic until it just begins to sizzles. Turn off the heat immediately. Add seasoning powder, pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In large serving bowl add all ingredients along with feta cheese. Toss it to combine and enjoy.