Banana bread with walnuts; one of my colleagues, my friend who is motivation for all my baking addiction, introduced me to this recipe. This is one of the first recipes which I have baked, before this I use to bake only my moms recipes . After seeing the outcome of this, I started baking all types of cakes and breads.Get ready with all the ingredients
There are no rules for mashing banana
Mere a fork will do this job …….
Or just put all bananas, oil, sugar, egg vanilla extract in blender
Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder
Pour it in breadpan
Bake it! You will be happy with the outcome:-)
For a loaf Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour (1 cup wheat and ½ cup all purpose flour or full all purpose flour is also fine)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Lightly grease and dust with flour a bread pan or just prepare it with parchment paper
Mix first banana, oil, sugar,egg, vanilla extract in a blender
Give a little whisk to all dry ingredient, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder
Add dry to the wet mixture in a bowl. Do not overwork the dough!. Gentle mixing in enough
Now combine it with walnuts
Pour batter into prepared pan. If you wish to garnish, you can sprinkle some nuts on top. Bake for 1 hr or until skewer comes out clean.
Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.
- Over ripe banana is best
- Mix batter just until everything is combined. Don’t over mix the batter. Over mixing the batter will make bread hard & rubbery.
- After mixing the dough it should not be kept outside for long because the leavening agents will start acting and the delay may make the bread flat
- While baking the bread might crack on top – do not worry it is natural. Also if the top is becoming too brown, you can cover the top with aluminum foil and do the rest of the baking.